Are you looking for an exciting career in the tech industry? Oxford Networks is hiring!
Oxford Networks is an award winning company that has consistently been recognized as a Best Places to Work Company in Maine. Our company culture is based on our Oxford Networks Values, and is the basis for our decision making, our workplace environment, and our success as a company. We believe that people want to be great and it is our job to empower them to succeed. If we succeed, our employees, customers, shareholders and communities all win. For more information about career opportunities, see below.
Oxford Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment in all positions with Oxford Networks requires the successful completion of pre-employment testing and background checks, to include: Driving Record, State and Criminal Records and Drug Testing.
The IT/Network Technician provides support to corporate end users through internal trouble ticket system, phone, and email. The IT/Network Technician role also assists in installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting company computers, servers, software, and related components to achieve high performance of the various business applications and equipment. This includes ensuring the availability of client/server applications, documenting the configuration of new and existing implementations. The IT/Network Technician will support the operation of the corporate LAN, and may include installing, configuring, maintaining, and optimizing network hardware, software, and communication. The IT/Network Technician will assist in ensuring the physical security, integrity, and safety of the corporate systems.
The IT/Network Technician will assist the Company in implementing change within the organization as the company grows and will be an integral part of a team championing and providing end user support to various new systems.
The IT/Network Technician must be detail oriented, able to multitask comfortably, capable of switching gears with ease, and able to thrive in a busy work environment. This position requires a high degree of computer literacy, excellent communication, and customer service skills. The IT/Network Technician supports all departments and must possess the ability to work within a diverse team.
Some expected duties include, but are not limited to:
- Support end user computing equipment and software
- Provides technical support and guidance to users
- Monitors and responds to help desk tickets to resolution
- Maintain antivirus and antispam products
- Install software on new or rebuilt PCs and laptops
- Maintain corporate phone and email systems
- Troubleshoot printers and copiers
- Monitor and verify scheduled events
- Install, maintain, and upgrade corporate software
- Supports internal networks
- Maintains corporate switches, security system and VPN
- Maintains Windows Active Directory, DNS, DHCP
- Maintains and updates documentation for all internal systems, applications, security, and network configurations
- Maintains hardware inventory and software licensing documentation
- Troubleshoots system performance issues
- Recommends upgrades, patches, new applications, and equipment
- Adhere to, update and implement compliance/policy standards
- Participate in on-call duty rotation
- Works with outside vendors to install, maintain or troubleshoot company systems
- Occasional travel to remote locations
- Performs additional tasks as assigned
INTERNAL: Establish and maintain effective working relationships within IT Team and an excellent team oriented relationship with all other Oxford Networks Departments. Willing to be a team player and demonstrate consideration for the needs of others. Responds to internal customer requests for information and assistance, and helps resolve customer concerns with a positive approach, utilizing the full scope of supporting resources.
- Two-year degree in Information Technology and at least three years’ work experience in related field required, college degree preferred
- MCP, MCSE, A+, or certificate in related discipline preferred
- Ability to explain complex technical issues in a non-technical manner
- Ability to multi-task and remain productive and efficient in an open cubicle environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks, duties and responsibilities based on competing business needs
- Possess exceptional communication skills
- Experience with Windows desktop and server operating systems
- Cisco Switch, VPN and Security system experience a plus
- Background with a telecommunications company (preferred)
- Technical Competencies
- Windows 7, 8, 10, Server 2008 and 2012
- Windows Remote Desktop
- Technical writing and documentation
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL
- Background with Linux
- VMware vSphere use
- Veeam Backups experience
LIGHT DUTY ASSIGNMENTS
This position requires sitting and using a keyboard and mouse for extended periods of time. There may be an occasional need to lift or carry PCs, monitors or other equipment. This job could be performed under light duty restrictions, with slight modifications if necessary.
This position will be located at either the Portsmouth, NH office or Oxford’s Headquarters in Lewiston, ME and reports to the IT Manager.
We reserve the right to revise duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This document is not a written or implied contract of employment.
Wholesale Sales Engineer/Project Coordinator
The Wholesale Sales Engineer’s role is to provide flexible and scalable technology solutions for new and existing customers in the area of telecommunications. This position will assist in all required sales activities to analyze customer requirements and design solutions to fulfill those requirements.
The sales engineer will also be responsible for the project management of post-sale installations. This activity will include constant communications with the customer, coordination with vendors, Oxford Networks and the customer, and overall coordination of the installation to ensure a successful customer experience.
- Provide technical and design assistance and support to Carrier and Wholesale Sales Team for Oxford Networks products and services throughout the entire sales life cycle.
- Work with clients to develop high level telecommunications strategies. Responsible for developing telecommunications designs including: Internet, Voice, LAN/WAN.
- Research, understand, document and assess customer’s existing environments.
- Develop and present technical diagrams and presentations as necessary.
- Work with other departments as necessary in the process of designing solutions including Operations, Engineering, Customer Service, and NOC.
- Provide outstanding customer service throughout the sales process and develop & maintain strong relationships with customers.
- Effectively coordinate work / projects and have the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
- Manage overall installation post sale.
- Strong analytical abilities and professional office experience needed.
- Ability to work well with business partners, customers and vendors.
- Demonstrate high degree of initiative and self-guided work management.
- Provide input and adhere to proper Configuration Management and Standardization practices.
- Demonstrate strong desire to develop new technical knowledge and professional skills on a continual basis, expected to be a good team player and responsibly deliver results that benefit clients and the team.
- All other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
- Business Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and upholds organizational values.
- Consultative Selling – Builds rapport and establishes trust; Asks questions to discover client business needs; manages and documents service processes.
- Negotiation Skills – Clarifies interests and positions of all parties; Adjusts tactics to achieve desired results; Manages conflict, manipulation, and strong emotions;
- Develops alternative options for mutual gain; Builds consensus through give and take. Maintain knowledge of solution pricing policies and sales initiatives.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Presentation Skills – Tailors presentation to audience needs; Engages and focuses attention; Presents information logically and persuasively; Handles difficult questions and situations; Inspires audience to action.
- Problem Solving – Identifies problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Resolves problems in early stages; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit and continuous improvement.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively.
- Telecommunications products and services as well as service provider architectures.
- Customer PBX’s and Key Systems – traditional and VoIP.
- SONET/DWDM transport systems, DS3’s and M13 systems.
- Voice technologies including POTS, PRI’s, Channelized T1’s, VoIP, SIP Trunking and Hosted Voice.
- Network switches, routers, firewalls, TCP/IP, MPLS, BGP, HSRP, RIP, VLANs, DHCP and DNS.
Education and Certifications
- College degree preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent, and at least five years’ work experience in related field required.
Light Duty Assignments: This position can be performed under light duty restrictions.
Shift Schedule: This is a salary position that allows the employee to work out of a home office and attend corporate and customer meetings as necessary. Requires travels as necessary throughout Maine and New England.
Reports to: Manager – Sales Engineering/Project Management
We reserve the right to revise duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Oxford Networks Mission
Oxford Networks enriches the lives of people, businesses, and communities by providing innovative and reliable technology services to customers. Our team of friendly and responsive professionals deliver a unique customer experience that exceeds expectations.
Oxford Networks Vision
Oxford Networks will be the technology solutions provider of choice by: Delivering a customer experience that is responsive, customized, and exceeds expectations. Providing a company culture where talented employees enjoy challenging, rewarding, and fulfilling careers. We believe people want to be great and we empower our employees to succeed. Investing in the communities we serve through technology and support of organizations who work to improve the quality of life. Maximizing shareowner value through execution of sound business strategies.
Oxford Networks Values
Integrity – Oxford Networks adheres to a strict moral and ethical code of business behavior.
Truth – We value honesty and transparency in all our interactions.
Risk Taking – Healthy risk taking is encouraged for the well being of the organization.
Uniqueness – Oxford Networks is receptive to new ideas and new ways of thinking in order to be sustainably unique.
Selflessness – We are generous with praise, resources, and support for customers, employees and our communities.
Trust – Oxford Networks creates a culture of trust where employees, customers, and stakeholders are treated with respect.