Are you looking for an exciting career in the tech industry? Oxford Networks is hiring!
Oxford Networks is an award winning company that has consistently been recognized as a Best Places to Work Company in Maine. Our company culture is based on our Oxford Networks Values, and is the basis for our decision making, our workplace environment, and our success as a company. We believe that people want to be great and it is our job to empower them to succeed. If we succeed, our employees, customers, shareholders and communities all win. For more information about career opportunities, see below.
Oxford Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment in all positions with Oxford Networks requires the successful completion of pre-employment testing and background checks, to include: Driving Record, State and Criminal Records and Drug Testing.
NOC/VOIP Technical Support
The NOC/VoIP Technician position provides first or second level technical support to clients within the structure of the Repair Department. The primary task of this position is to provide technical support directly to clients on all products including: transport (DSL, T1, and OC), VoIP, IP services, e-mail, traditional voice services and enhanced services (hosted PBX, Voice-mail to e-mail, and conferencing). In addition, this position supports technical field staff and provides training and guidance to junior and less experienced technicians as experience permits.
Job duties must be completed within safety, legal and regulatory requirements; company standards, culture, and business practices. The job will require being a part of an on-call rotation for support including working remotely and dispatching if necessary.
- Investigate, document and diagnose trouble calls to resolve service affecting issues across multiple service platforms including but not limited to POTS lines, DSL, T1 & carrier Ethernet services, VoIP & SIP traffic related issues.
- Work with vendors & underlying carriers to resolve service affecting issues that cannot be resolved internally.
- Analyze trouble descriptions and perform detailed trouble diagnosis.
- Track and update troubles in ticketing system.
- Create preventative reports identifying trends, repeat and chronic issues.
- Maintain awareness of network activities affecting elements.
- Recommend solutions to correct network trouble issues and faults.
- Troubleshoot circuits remotely using test interface equipment.
- Support activities to implement service restoration.
- Apply comprehensive technical knowledge to the troubleshooting of network problems.
- Provide status updates on trouble tickets directly to clients and internally to other staff and management.
- Team players with willingness to learn and work in team environment, and provide the highest level of customer service possible always, will achieve success in this position.
- Willingness to work on call rotation, and work a flexible schedule including Saturdays to provide 24/7 customer support in rotation with other technicians is required.
- All other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
- Ability to quickly identify appropriate internal and/or external support services required to resolve network issues.
- Proven ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Strong problem solving skills, troubleshooting, root cause analysis.
- Must have and display excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience and/or working knowledge with TCP/IP, SNMP, Ethernet, DSL, POTS, T1s and DS3s, VoIP.
- Working knowledge of: SONET and packet transport systems; circuit-mode (TDM) and packet-mode/soft switching systems; VoIP systems; Switch, SS7, understand VoIP protocol theory.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite and Microsoft Windows environment.
- Working knowledge of Unix or Linux.
- Understanding of the OSI Model.
- Working knowledge of VoIP protocols (SIP, RTP, MGCP?) Strong organization, analyzing and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This position can be performed under light duty restrictions.
The shift for this position is Monday through Friday from 9:30AM to 6:00 PM. With on-call rotation as required.
Reports to NOC Repair Manager. Reporting location is Portsmouth NH.
Wholesale Sales Engineer/Project Coordinator
The Wholesale Sales Engineer’s role is to provide flexible and scalable technology solutions for new and existing customers in the area of telecommunications. This position will assist in all required sales activities to analyze customer requirements and design solutions to fulfill those requirements.
The sales engineer will also be responsible for the project management of post-sale installations. This activity will include constant communications with the customer, coordination with vendors, Oxford Networks and the customer, and overall coordination of the installation to ensure a successful customer experience.
- Provide technical and design assistance and support to Carrier and Wholesale Sales Team for Oxford Networks products and services throughout the entire sales life cycle.
- Work with clients to develop high level telecommunications strategies. Responsible for developing telecommunications designs including: Internet, Voice, LAN/WAN.
- Research, understand, document and assess customer’s existing environments.
- Develop and present technical diagrams and presentations as necessary.
- Work with other departments as necessary in the process of designing solutions including Operations, Engineering, Customer Service, and NOC.
- Provide outstanding customer service throughout the sales process and develop & maintain strong relationships with customers.
- Effectively coordinate work / projects and have the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
- Manage overall installation post sale.
- Strong analytical abilities and professional office experience needed.
- Ability to work well with business partners, customers and vendors.
- Demonstrate high degree of initiative and self-guided work management.
- Provide input and adhere to proper Configuration Management and Standardization practices.
- Demonstrate strong desire to develop new technical knowledge and professional skills on a continual basis, expected to be a good team player and responsibly deliver results that benefit clients and the team.
- All other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
- Business Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and upholds organizational values.
- Consultative Selling – Builds rapport and establishes trust; Asks questions to discover client business needs; manages and documents service processes.
- Negotiation Skills – Clarifies interests and positions of all parties; Adjusts tactics to achieve desired results; Manages conflict, manipulation, and strong emotions;
- Develops alternative options for mutual gain; Builds consensus through give and take. Maintain knowledge of solution pricing policies and sales initiatives.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Presentation Skills – Tailors presentation to audience needs; Engages and focuses attention; Presents information logically and persuasively; Handles difficult questions and situations; Inspires audience to action.
- Problem Solving – Identifies problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Resolves problems in early stages; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit and continuous improvement.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively.
- Telecommunications products and services as well as service provider architectures.
- Customer PBX’s and Key Systems – traditional and VoIP.
- SONET/DWDM transport systems, DS3’s and M13 systems.
- Voice technologies including POTS, PRI’s, Channelized T1’s, VoIP, SIP Trunking and Hosted Voice.
- Network switches, routers, firewalls, TCP/IP, MPLS, BGP, HSRP, RIP, VLANs, DHCP and DNS.
Education and Certifications
- College degree preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent, and at least five years’ work experience in related field required.
Light Duty Assignments: This position can be performed under light duty restrictions.
Shift Schedule: This is a salary position that allows the employee to work out of a home office and attend corporate and customer meetings as necessary. Requires travels as necessary throughout Maine and New England.
Reports to: Manager – Sales Engineering/Project Management
We reserve the right to revise duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Oxford Networks Mission
Oxford Networks enriches the lives of people, businesses, and communities by providing innovative and reliable technology services to customers. Our team of friendly and responsive professionals deliver a unique customer experience that exceeds expectations.
Oxford Networks Vision
Oxford Networks will be the technology solutions provider of choice by: Delivering a customer experience that is responsive, customized, and exceeds expectations. Providing a company culture where talented employees enjoy challenging, rewarding, and fulfilling careers. We believe people want to be great and we empower our employees to succeed. Investing in the communities we serve through technology and support of organizations who work to improve the quality of life. Maximizing shareowner value through execution of sound business strategies.
Oxford Networks Values
Integrity – Oxford Networks adheres to a strict moral and ethical code of business behavior.
Truth – We value honesty and transparency in all our interactions.
Risk Taking – Healthy risk taking is encouraged for the well being of the organization.
Uniqueness – Oxford Networks is receptive to new ideas and new ways of thinking in order to be sustainably unique.
Selflessness – We are generous with praise, resources, and support for customers, employees and our communities.
Trust – Oxford Networks creates a culture of trust where employees, customers, and stakeholders are treated with respect.