Are you looking for an exciting career in the tech industry? Oxford Networks is hiring!
Oxford Networks is an award winning company who has consistently been recognized as a Best Places to Work Company in Maine. Our company culture is based on our Oxford Networks Values, and is the basis for our decision making, our workplace environment, and our success as a company. We believe that people want to be great and it is our job to empower them to succeed. If we succeed, our employees, customers, shareholders and communities all win. For more information about career opportunities, see below.
Oxford Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The account executive will be responsible for prospecting and selling into new accounts, as well as managing and growing any existing accounts. Account executives are the key interface between Oxford Networks and its customers. This person will represent all of Oxford Networks and its products to the customer while consulting to provide total solutions to meet their needs. The scope of responsibility includes prospecting, account management, sales, outbound calling, order processing, all of which contribute to the overall success of the organization.
The Account Executive is a consultative sales person who innately finds and assess an opportunity (even when there doesn’t appear to be one) within a prospect, and finds a solution within our product offering that meets the specific need. The Account Executive is a networker; they are independent and they generate buzz and excitement. They also provide strong management to existing clients and work to continually strengthen and grow their existing base.
- Self generate leads and identify networking opportunities.
- Identify sales opportunities. Qualify these opportunities through customer meetings, building customer rapport, working with the sales engineers and establishing mutual interest.
- Provide quotations and proposal packages to clients.
- Sell all products to new customers.
- Build and maintain relationships with the customer and the Oxford Networks team.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, competitors and current Oxford Networks product portfolios.
- Make outbound calls to potential new clients.
- Maintain a high closing ratio to ensure quota attainment and saturation of the product into the market.
- Attends trade shows, B2B events and seminars. Remain active in encompassing communities.
- Provide superior account management to existing clients.
- Grow penetration within existing clients by selling more products and growing existing ones.
- Strengthen continually the relationship with our clients.
- IT experience/Cloud experience/knowledge strongly recommended
- General understanding of telecommunications
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Presentations skills
- Must have drivers license
- Must pass pre-employment drug testing
LIGHT DUTIES RESTRICTIONS
- This position shall perform the following duties if put on light duties restrictions:
- Make phone calls to prospect businesses
- Follow up with customers over the phone
- Prepare quotations for customers and prospects
- Process orders, changes and other requests from customers
If you have interest please feel free to submit your resume, qualifications and compensation history to Andrea Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical Services Specialist
Due to security considerations related to access to customer infrastructure and data, this position requires passage of criminal background and drug testing.
The role of the Technical Services Specialist is to ensure proper operations for Oxford Networks business, data center, and cloud customers while implementing technical and infrastructure related projects in line with business needs. Working in this fast-paced environment includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving customer requests that originate by telephone, voice mail, or e-mail, while striving to deliver the highest level of customer service in line with agreed SLA’s.
Incident resolution may involve the use of diagnostics tools, as well as require that the individual provide in-depth technical support, documentation, and process improvement. Performs analysis of problems, assist with corrective action to restore functionality, and works with other technical, customer service, or development staff to document and resolve recurring problems and issues with applications and/or products.
Skills in troubleshooting of product errors and working with vendors to resolve issues required. Compliance with all regulatory and organizational policies where necessary.
Some expected duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responds to telephone calls, emails and personnel requests for technical support in a professional and courteous manner.
- Support the data center and facilities in a 24/7 environment, manage access to the data center, manage facility security and alarm systems, monitor building management systems, cooling and power, as well as customer support requests in our collocation space.
- Provide diagnostic and resolution support to customer organizations and end users, fielding incoming help requests from end users via telephone and work orders.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting, access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriate resource.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved and perform post-resolution follow-ups to customer requests.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Develop help sheets and knowledge base articles for end users. Assist with training of other team members.
- Day to day operational checklists performed with a high degree of accuracy and monitor server, network, and data infrastructure performance.
- Perform per shift facilities inspections and provide initial response to facility infrastructure alerts throughout the building.
- Manage arming and disarming of facility intrusion alarm systems.
- Perform cross connects and other Data Center provisioning tasks as needed.
- Provision DC laaS, BRaaS in conjunction with project managers and sales engineers when needed.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Undertake a technical role in new projects as they become available.
- Works with minimal supervision.
- All other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
- Ability to explain complex technical issues in a non-technical manner.
- A successful candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be customer, detail oriented, and have a good decision-making ability.
- Strong troubleshooting abilities are necessary.
- Knowledge and understanding of customer service techniques.
- Knowledge of Windows Server, Windows Desktop OS, MS Exchange Email (Outlook client), and Microsoft Office.
- Willingness to learn new tools and technologies and take on new responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience using trouble ticketing systems.
- Familiarity with Citrix, VMWare, and other virtualization/cloud platforms such as:
– IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
- Must have valid and unencumbered driving license.
- Must pass pre-employment drug testing.
- Must be honest and ethical in all dealings.
- Must present professional appearance and demeanor.
- Position requires some travel.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- High School diploma or equivalent, and at least three years’ work experience in related field required.
- MCP, MCSE, A+, or certificate in related discipline preferred.
- College degree preferred.
LIGHT DUTY ASSIGNMENTS This position can be performed under light duty restrictions.
SHIFT SCHEDULE Once training has been successfully completed, this position is scheduled as Sunday through Tuesday from 5:30 AM to 6:50 PM.
This shift will also be asked to cover for our 24/7 staff if the need arises.
REPORTS TO Data Center Technical Services Manager.
We reserve the right to revise duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
If you have interest please feel free to submit your resume, qualifications and compensation history to Andrea Murphy at email@example.com.