Oxford Networks is an award winning company who has consistently been recognized as a Best Places to Work Company in Maine.
Our company culture is based on our Oxford Networks Values, and is the basis for our decision making, our workplace environment, and our success as a company. We believe that people want to be great and it is our job to empower them to succeed. If we succeed, our employees, customers, shareholders and communities all win. For more information about career opportunities, see below.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT CENTER TECHNICIAN
The candidate will serve as primary point of technical contact to Oxford Networks’ telephone, dial up, DSL, E-mail, Data Center, and Managed Service customers for connectivity and service issues. They will be responsible for first level troubleshooting in all of these areas. They will work closely with the Field Service Technicians, Central Office Technicians and Data Center Engineers, answering questions on trouble reports and installations.
The candidate needs a strong background in telephony and network problem solving, including working with Microsoft Windows and Mac operating systems.
Primary method of contact is inbound phone call; outbound calling is required for trouble follow up. TSC Technicians must be able to multitask duties in a fast-paced setting, and be a team player with a positive attitude towards other co-workers and customers. Must be a motivated self-starter, and be able to handle all situations in a professional manner.
· Answering incoming calls and providing trouble resolution and/or technical support for all of Oxford Networks products and services.
· Accurately document and follow up on customer troubles to ensure proper and timely resolution.
· Potentially going to customer premise for additional technical support.
· Provisioning voice and data services.
· Work closely with field technicians and other technical resources for trouble resolution.
· Other tasks as assigned by the TSC Manager or Team Leader
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Excellent customer service skills
· Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment
· Working knowledge of Internet connectivity and various E-mail clients and platforms
· Self motivation with ability to contribute in a team environment
· Demonstrated multitasking skills
· Ability to learn quickly
· Strong PC skills
· A+, Cisco or Microsoft certifications a plus, but not required
· Associates degree preferred, will train the right candidate
LIGHT DUTY ASSIGNMENTS – This position can be performed under light duty restrictions. Employee must be able to be in front of a computer for 8 hours a day. Will need to type and answer telephone calls.
We reserve the right to revise duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This document is not a written or implied contract of employment.Please e-mail resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls, please.