Oxford Networks is an award winning company who has consistently been recognized as a Best Places to Work Company in Maine.
Our company culture is based on our Oxford Networks Values, and is the basis for our decision making, our workplace environment, and our success as a company. We believe that people want to be great and it is our job to empower them to succeed. If we succeed, our employees, customers, shareholders and communities all win. For more information about career opportunities, see below.
Customer Service Representative
The Customer Service Representative will provide one call resolution to all customer needs. The Customer Service Representative is part of the Customer Service Team and will be motivated and passionate about providing exceptional service to our customers. The Customer Service Representative will provide quality, memorable, personalized customer service that maximizes revenue by retaining customers through individualized care.
Some expected duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide information and education on our existing, new and updated telecommunication service offerings to our customers.
- Effectively assimilates information about products and services to answer customers’ questions accurately, completely and authoritatively.
- Works with the billing system and entering service orders.
- Resolve billing matters with the utmost respect to our customers.
- Accurately maintains billing system.
- Service order processing for new installations, disconnections, changes to existing accounts and moves of service.
- Ability to meet or exceed monthly sales goals.
- Outbound sales calls to include cold calling as required.
- Ensure accuracy and confidentiality of all customer accounts.
- Assure with the highest integrity the importance of our customer’s privacy.
- Adhere to the guidelines and regulations set by the MPUC.
- Ability to devise creative solutions when customer problems are unique and require an original approach.
- Ability to allocate time efficiently.
- Handles a high volume of customers effectively.
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Willing to meet high performance standards, performance metrics and goals in support of Oxford Networks’ vision and mission.
- Perform other related tasks as required.
INTERNAL: Maintain effective working relations working closely with the Customer Service team and the NOC team. Must establish and maintain an excellent team oriented relationship with all other Oxford Networks Departments. Willing to be a team player and demonstrate consideration for feelings and needs of others.
EXTERNAL: Responds to customer requests for information and assistance, and helps resolve customer concerns with a positive approach.
- Possess excellent customer service and sales skills.
- Enjoys delighting customers.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Has empathy for the customer’s situation.
- Has “thick skin” and is able to handle complaints, even when handling unpleasant customers.
- Has a pleasant and friendly style
- Computer skills necessary possessing Word and Excel experience.
- Highly motivated.
- Self-starter and able to work independently.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Possess excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Knowledge of the MACC system preferable but not required.
- Flexible and able to switch gears.
- Ability to effectively handle change.
- Willing to learn industry regulations such as Chapter 290, 291 & 292 and other MPUC guidelines.
- Possess good organizational skills.
- Able to work with all types of people and customers.
- Able to work with difficult customers at times.
We reserve the right to revise duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This document is not a written or implied contract of employment.Please e-mail resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls, please.